Tuesday 10 August 2010

Please take a butterfly- alterations.











This piece has undergone many different variations. First one today, keep plinth on floor but change object to two objects. Next, I combined parts of two other pieces which needed more alterations with it. The text from both plinths was too heavy so I separated the Eau de Colongne 1927 to a different work which I am now happy with... getting there but the object isn't right.Really love this one, with the orange cast, slate and wood on top and egg and hairnet on the bottom plinth...

Talked to Catriona and changed it again... going back for a second look with fresh eyes today, not sure if I preferred it before? I removed 'Please take a butterfly' plinth as it is quite hard to work with, it's too directational and dictates the viewer's thoughts too heavily. So moved it onto a small low plinth and combined it with another object. This might change today.

Scrapped!

No comments:

Post a Comment