Tuesday 10 August 2010

Final stretch...3 days to go!

Today was buuuusy! I really feel that the show is starting to come together. It's also nice to have the other artist's beginning to work in the space as it was getting lonely. I have edited out my work, although atleast 3 more cuts perhaps need to be made? I have also played around with a few which weren't quite working for me so I spent a while in discussion with Catriona Reid as I was finding it hard to remain objective by myself. Feeling satisfied at the moment with the overall progress of the work.

The piece which has been bothering me for the last few weeks is the 'please take a butterfly' work. When moving pieces around with Kenny, the original layout seen previously on this blog was left. However, I was not keen on this one. Today, the work went through a multitude of different combinations...

-I also struggled with working on my videos. I have documented myself producing the work and I think they are quite interesting. However, they are quite slow to watch if watched in normal speed.I wanted to edit them in order to speed them up. I tried to use Final Cut on the Macs but if you have never used it before...it is the most complicated piece of software ever!! I tried for an hour but in the end had to admit defeat. The video's wouldn't even load onto the blog.I will have to add them to a disk and probably request the viewer presses fast forward or they will be there a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment