Thursday 5 August 2010




July 7th 2010.

During my tutorial with Kristin. I began thinking about the care I give to the base's of my sculptures. I don't want them to look just like salvaged pieces but I want to find a way to make them an integral part of the piece. Kristin described my works as crude and commented on whether I used the bases in order to counteract this by making them visually beautiful. The way I work with these parts should be unintrusive in a way that it hightlights the focal part of the work. We also discussed recording my working process with video. This may highlight aspects of my process which I am unaware of, if nothing else however, it serves as a document of making. We also discussed looking at Picasso and Bracusi. The use of this blog will help me in being selective in the final stages as viewing the pieces in isolation from the rest of my studio clutter will help me to determine which ones work and which one's aren't.We also mentioned casting and how though I have begun to make from scratch and use found objects, the casting is still an important part of my practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment