Saturday 17 July 2010

Feedback session 2nd June

The beginning- Feedback session 2nd June 2010
During the feedback session we discussed the moving of studio spaces to complete the remaining duration of the MA. I felt I would benefit from moving space as I had found the previous space difficult to work in and wanted to begin a new body of work and so I felt a change in environment could be beneficial for this. My progress was commented on particularly with regards to the residency in Chicago as this helped to free up some of my working methods and thoughts. For me, Chicago was an important stage for me as it was a situation in which I was forced to put everything I had been working on in Edinburgh aside and focus on the moment, the things I was experiencing on a daily basis in Chicago as well as responding and using materials to hand. This way of working has continued and progressed into the last semester. Helen Chadwick was mentioned as an artist whose work would be interesting to look at with reference to some of her less ‘planned’ works. Overall, the feedback meeting combined with the realisation of a new space to work left me feeling positive and has led into a playfully productive next few weeks.

http://www.nationalgalleries.org/whatson/exhibition/5:368/18379

No comments:

Post a Comment